SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Have you used a plant support like this for a rose?

KnoxRose z7
9 years ago

Hi all! I am trying to decide what kind of support system to get for my Golden Celebration, so that it will grow more vertically up to my porch, and I think that I am favoring this one, have any of you used this style of support?

{{gwi:280455}}

Or would any of you have any other suggestions? I want to keep it somewhat rounded, and not try to flatten it out on a straight trellis (although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't go for that anyway), but I have never used any support as I am very new at growing roses, and I am not sure what would be best? Or even where the best to purchase things like this is, I am having difficulties finding places that sell plant supports in general. )I have found both of the products I am asking about on Gardeners.com)

I also have another plant support question regarding my Munstead Wood. It is a very new plant, planted only last week, it seemed very upright and self supporting when I planted it, and for several days afterward it stayed that way, then I had a heavy rain a couple of days ago, and now all the canes are sprawled out everywhere, each cane is arching away from the center of the plant dramatically. At first I was not worried because I know rain water will weigh the flowers & stems down, but it has been a few days since it rained at this point and it seems like the plant is completely dry. I'm sure it will improve with passing time, but do you think it would be helpful or necessary for the time being to purchase some half rings, such as these:

{{gwi:280456}}

I would really like to get it back to the nice upright form it had before, it went from being about 4 1/2 feet tall to being maybe 3 feet tall because everything is horizontal at this point.

Thanks for any input on any of these topics.

Jessica.

Comments (6)