SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubbajo_gw

Simplicty Conquest vs. JD X340

bubbajo
16 years ago

Finally considering a new tractor to mainly cut 3 acres of grass with. This isn't a "golf course' type yard just your basic country lawn with small orchard and the occasional 1 acre horse pasture. I've gone the older machine route and now i want to spend less time working on one and more time doing other things. My wife will probably share in the grass cutting chore if the machine is new.

I been looking at all machines and think it is going to come down to the Simplicity Conquest with a B&S Van. 23 hp and 54" deck and the the JD with Kaw iTorque 25 hp with a 54" deck. I like the simplicity dealer for service, your basic 30 years in business Mom & Pop dealer, the JD dealer seems OK but i question their responsiveness after the sale. Both are basically the same price, but Simplicity says their is more of a Yard tractor and offers a few ground engaging equip, hence a heavy tranny(K66), larger tires, larger front end wheel spindles (??7/8" vs 5/8") locking diff and a better cut. (Their opinion). They say if i want to compare machines i should look at the JD X500 which i can't afford to spend more on. The JD dealer says the X340 is a better machine and quotes the sales literature on the features and benifits.

I am concerned about the floating deck system on the Simplicity and wonder if its to sensitive to occasional jarring from farm terrain. Will i constantly be ajusting and fixing up the deck? Ther deck on the JD seems indestructable but i've looked so much i just can't decide. I did look at the CC GT2554 but was not impressed with the dealer and had to narrow down the choices. Any opinions and advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments (22)

Sponsored