SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lightngsvt

JD X300/304 vs CC GT2542 VS Craftsman

lightngsvt
15 years ago

Im in the market for a new riding mower and after looking have had to readjust my perceptions of the sub $2000 mowers and am now considering the Deere X300/304 or the Cub Cadet GT 2542. The X300 is the cheapest at $2899, then the GT2542 at $3199 and the X304 at $3499. THe idea of 4WS seems interesting as I do have a deck, planting beds and some trees.

I also have hills / slopes in my back yard so that is a consideration as well. My lawn in about .75 acres. I do want to be able to pull a small cart, aerator, spreader and thatcher too. I want something that is going to last 10 - 15 years with proper maintenance, but cant see paying for a "real" garden tractor as I think that is more than I need (is the CC 2542 really a GT and not a LT?).

I like the Deere's a bit better but the fact that the CC dealer is only about 5 miles form my house and they have shaft instead of belt drive and a serviceable transmission.

I have been looking at some of the Craftsman GT series tractors and the heavy duty, but it is next to impossible to find any specs on them to see how they compare considering they are $500-1000 cheaper then the competition.

What would you recommend?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions