SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooey_gw

Can I relocate my antique rose bush now?

sooey
13 years ago

Hi Kids,

I have a question re: an antique rose bush that I have had for the past 12 years. We lived in CT where the bush did very, very well. Each June it was full of blooms and it produced many long and hardy canes all through the growing season. Three years ago we made the move to Cape Cod. I brought my rose with me and located it where I thought it would get enough sun. It has now struggled for 3 years. No blooms and only one cane this season. My thinking is, it needs more sun. Since our move we have had some trees removed which brings in lots of sun in a different location. My question is...would I be wise to cut the cane back, dig and move the bush to a better location? I would hate to stress this beauty but I fear it will not survive another winter in its stunted condition. It is an antique climber, blooms once in June with lovely pale, pink blooms which have a delicate scent. I have never been able to find out the name of it. It was given to me by a friend who dug it from her family garden. I was told it was planted by her grandmother in the 1940s.

Thank you for any advice.

sooey

Comments (8)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County