SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_2007

website or advice on engine for honda atv

eric_2007
15 years ago

I have a honda 200s 3 wheel atv im working on for a friend who bought it used under the impression it starts easy but wont. Its from around 1985. I cant find any website forums for atv repairs but had good sucess here with mower problems and this has simular air cooled engine. It has a recoil start only and pulls with about the same effort as 10 hp snowblower engine but wont start. I flushed the fuel tank and cleaned the carb jets. engine has good spark. commpression feels good however since the threads are smaller diameter then standard i cant use a compression tester. it wont fire off carb cleaner. Unsual thing i notice is when pulling engine over as engine almoust stops rotating after failing to start gas spits out the air intake nearly every time. I dont belive im flooding the engine as i have done the choke and thottle in all positions many times and afer sitting overnight and spark plug is not soaked. Does gas spitting out the intake indicate leaking gasket or needle vavle leaking, or is that typical for when a engine wont start? Does anyone know any typical problems to look for on this engine or advice for other websites to use?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions