SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgaviator

What would YOU plant here....

bgaviator
11 years ago

Being new to gardening this year, I am a little overwhelmed by the number of plant selections as far as perennials go, and I am having a hard time visualizing what this area will look like once my existing plants mature. I am trying to figure out if there is anything I else I should plant here in this small garden in front of the house. Yes, I know the dirt still looks bad....I am slowly working on it, a little at a time each night. I plan on putting weed barrier fabric down, and then mulching with Rustic Pine Mulch that I like from Lowes. I know my plants are still small, and not really established yet, but I feel like there is still more I should be putting in. I feel like the left and right back corners need something still. Not sure if you can see them that well, since the Salvia and Coreopsis aren't really blooming right now, but up front there are 3 Dwarf Coreopsis....in the middle I have 3 May Night Salvia....and in the back I have 2 Gallardia Blanket Flower......I didn't want to put too much in at first cause I wasn't sure how big these current plants would get. I am really only interested in perennials....preferably something that is a long bloomer and this area gets full sun and is a south facing garden.

{{gwi:242298}}

Ran out of weed fabric...

{{gwi:242299}}

My Coreopsis look like twigs....grrr, same thing with the Salvia....I did cut the stalks of the Salvia just below the spent blooms, and it looks like it might be about to bloom again....the Coreopsis are kind of torquing me off though.....the Gallardia seems to keep getting better.

Comments (12)