SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkineel

Guess I'm going to start a new project....

nikkineel
15 years ago

I am a 5th grade teacher. Since I don't drink milk, I asked my colleagues to bring in any empty milk jugs or other containers that I could use for wintersowing. Well, they started pouring in and yep, you guessed it, my kids started asking questions. Well, I never can resist a teachable moment sooo... I'm going to have my kids do some wintersowing this year. I was gonna wait until I had more experience but they were just so curious. They even offered to bring me in containers to help.

Now, I'm wondering what I should sow with them. First, I teach 3 classes and would not want to leave anyone out. If I have them sow just one container per group, I would still have 18 containers in all. This could get expensive when buying seed. They probably all need to sow the same kind to prevent any arguing. My next dillema is what to plant. Anyone have any advice for something that I can sow with them that will germinate pretty easily, maybe even bloom before the end of May when school lets out. I was thinking of using the seedlings for math and measurement then allowing the kids to "pot up" some to give for Mother's Day gifts. Any thoughts? Nikki

Comments (17)

Sponsored