SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albertar

I need to vent, I really do

albertar
17 years ago

Hey fellow winter sowers,

Ok, I'm grumpy, I'm fed up and I need to vent some. My parents are married 59 years, in May my dad took ill and has since been in a nursing home with alzheimers disease. We tried to bring him home, but he was home for 2 days and my mom got sick. He was home for a total of 2 weeks and we found we just could not care for him properly at home, so he went back to the nursing home and is there since. My mom applied for medicaid for my dad, mom then got sicker and has been hospitalized 10 times, different hospitals, different ailments, etc and is now back in the hospital since 11/2 with what is called C-Diff. Its similar to E-coli, and causes severe diarreah, note please mom is almost 83 and dad is 87. Applying for medicaid for the nursing home for dad has been the most unpleasant experience I've ever had to deal with, they wanted 3 years of back bank statements, ok, no problem, got them and submitted them, however there were numerous errors of deposits and though the bank agrees they were errors, they will not give me a letter to state that, they claim its not their policy. Eventually the errors were fixed, but its not where its explainable on the statements. The social worker refused to contact the bank manager so he could explain over the phone, she wants the errors in writing, the bank says, NO.

DSS also wanted copies of my parents life insurance policies, got them, and submitted them, the worker says its not good enough. Both my parents have been retired for a number of years, and my mom used to work for DSS. Long story short, here are my elderly parents, sick and not long for this world and this agency is refusing them help. I"ve applied for a fair hearing, but the bottom line is this...if they deny medicaid again, then my mom has to sell her house, that money will be used for my fathers care until it runs out and then medicaid will kick in. Two honest and upstanding american citizens being screwed over by the system. Thanks for listening.

Alberta

Comments (10)

Sponsored