SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albertar

2006, the summer that came and went....

albertar
17 years ago

This year has really been rough, although doing my normal assortment of winter sowing, much had to be rushed into the ground early spring, because the first week of May started massive confusion in my life. My dad, aged 86 took sick and eventually had to be placed in a nursing home. My mom aged 82 was hospitalized 6 times in a matter of just a few months, in fact she is back in the hospital now due to high blood pressure.

I normally spend hours at a time in my gardens, this year everything just got basically thrown in the soil, with a silent prayer to grow and grow well, as time was really not available to do as I used to do. Everything grew and produced well. The only set backs were the tomatoes, with all the rain we had, many rotted on the vines. Peppers produced like crazy, which really surprised me since I have found peppers usually dislike too much water. What I've learned from this is although its relaxing for me to spend hour after hour in my gardens, I don't have to do it to still achieve good production.

Alberta

Comments (2)

Sponsored