SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Why are my campanula poscharskyana, crawling like this? (pic)

aliska12000
15 years ago

Planted 2 small ones in pots last year, called Blue Waterfall, knew they were supposed to spread but thought by leaves or like lamium does, but after things had grown a bit took a look at them and long stems were reaching all over the ground now. Now today they are covered with purple blooms, but only a few near the center of the main plant are shorter and erect.

Is this normal? I don't like their doing that, can live with the purple, but the tag looked true blue, got at a local nursery.

Now I've had trouble with things flopping in this bed, but I dressed it with a full bag of compost last fall, covered it with leaves, and everything is standing up except this. Just a couple got beat down a little by the rain but seem ok now. Last year the sage and artemesia laid down by rain or otherwise and never got up the whole season; now they are better.

It's crowding my 2 Grus an Aachen roses which I may have to dig out, haven't done well.

Is there another variety that grows in clumps but has the flowers erect or is something wrong with mine?

{{gwi:238190}}

Comments (11)