SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rick222_gw

DYT 4000 blown fuse

Rick222
10 years ago

First I replaced battery tried to start tractor would not start. jumped the starter tractor ran until I engaged clutch ,blow fuse. found I hooked battery up backwards (Stupid Me) I replaced fuse engaged clutch all ran fine .next couple of time I mowed with it, the fuse would blow in the middle of mowing for no reason. I would replace fuse start back up and finish mowing. this happen for a couple of mowing time. This week replacing the fuse didn't work. So this is what I tried. disconnected clutch engage clutch blow fuse. reconnected clutch disconnected rectifier engaged clutch blades and mower ran fine. Replaced rectifier with new engaged clutch blow fuse. disconnected yellow and red wires and left black wire connected to the screw on rectifier engaged clutch blow fuse. disconnected all wire on rectifier engaged clutch blade turn and tractor ran with meter on dash reading 5 to the left of zero. Questions are 1) What is the rectifier for? 2)where does the wire connected to the screw go? 3) could that be shorted out? I thought it was a ground wire. 4)any ideas what is wrong ? 5)if it is a short how do you find a short? 6)Can you use a muti meter?
Thanks

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions