SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Have you ever planted a tree to remind you of someone?

ilovemytrees
10 years ago

We want to do that here.

I want to plant 2 Japanese Purple Lilac Trees in my yard.

My mom is in the hospital. We almost lost her. She had a pulmonary embolism out of the blue, and then a day later developed congestive heart failure.

Mom on a ventilator; it's just unspeakable...

My sisters, brother and I are heartbroken over this. However, as of yesterday afternoon she is conscious, doing much better and may get off of the ventilator in a couple of days. Where the ventilator before was breathing for her, it's now only supporting her breathing. And what before looked unlikely, the nurses are now saying if she keeps up her progress she will survive and get to go home in the future.

Anyway, it's always been known that mom's favorite color is purple, so my daughter wants to plant some purple trees in our yard to make it feel like grandma will always be with us, no matter what.

I can get some bare root Japanese Tree Lilac online pretty easy. Would that be a good choice? There aren't many purple trees to choose from in my zone. Are they wind tolerant? Easy to grow? Do people plant trees for reasons like this? I thought my daughter's idea was beautiful..

Comments (6)