SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtnc

Update on my ELS 24hp tech visit

jimtnc
16 years ago

Update:

Thought I'd post this here as well since I had a previous thread concerning the same info. Well, the Sears tech was here yesterday, and either he gave me a great line of ____, or the GT tractor is in better shape than I would have thought. And wouldn't you know it...it didn't smoke the first damn time when he cranked it up. Geeessshh!! He said the crud in the intake was normal and to stuff a rag in the carb hole and clean it out often. The new accordian air filter fits over the center rib to lock the bad air and dust on the air intake side, so that should help. I explained my concerns and he insisted my ELS was in good shape and should something happen Sears/Briggs would surely take care of it. That makes me feel much better now, being the skeptic I am.

He also said to "never" spray water under the mower deck. They have a silicon-type of spray that you shoot under the deck to keep it non-stick for grass, and to "never " cut the grass wet, which I don't.

Just thought I'd pass this on for any of those ELS folks still worrying about these engines. Fortunately, I have another year on this service policy so I'm gonna pay real close attention to any smoke issues.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting