SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reactordude

Cub LT 1550 or Simplicity Regent and Fair Price for a Murray

reactordude
17 years ago

Hi all, new to the forum and find it to be a great read and research tool. Just a couple questions to start with.

1. I have a 12 year old Murray (built in late '94 and bought summer of '95 the HD box store). It has a 15 HP B&S Diamond Plus single cylinder engine, with a 42" cut deck and a hydrostatic tranny (Spicer - Dana, I'm guessing). I also have the 9 bushel bagger to go with it. It has been a very reliable machine overall, but the new house has 2 acres and I'm getting tired of up to 4 hours in the seat each week. Anyone have a good idea what is a fair asking price for it? A friend is interested and want a fair deal for both of us.

Second, obviously I'll need to get a replacement. Have been looking and researching for a couple months now. Neighbor has a nice Toro/Wheel Horse and gets his lawn done in 1-1/2 to 2 hours, but come to learn that MTD supposedly stopped making the Toro after 2006. 3 neighbors have JD's. One local dealer carries Husqy and Cub Cadet and find the LT 1550 pretty attractive. Also have a Simplicity dealer near by, and I like the Regent. The particulars on the lawn is that it is generally not flat, except near the neighbor with the Toro. I have a sand mound (septic system) in the middle that you either drive up and over or along side of (depending on the direction I mow in a given week) and it slopes up (15-20 degrees?) from the driveway to one edge of property. Also have about 50 trees to mow around, so turning radius is important too. Wife tells me I can spend up to $3K for a new machine. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions