SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
searsman_gw

Honda GX620 20 Horizontal thoughts

15 years ago

I replaced a Onan 16hp BF43 that was used up with a new Honda and would like to here anyones thoughts about the GX620 engines. I know in its day the Onan was one of the best you could get and that might be why it lasted 30+ years. I hope to keep the Honda for a long time and would really like to here from those that have or had this type of motor to keep them in top shape aside from regular maintenace. This engine is so much better running than the old Onan it makes me wonder why I did not save up the $1200 a lot sooner. I was kinda sad when the Onan was sitting on the bench thinking of how it really gave such little trouble in the 8 years I owned it and how the original owner must have thought how Great it was when new. Any tips on what should be looked after more closely or what might cause troubles down the road would be a big help. Use is about 5 hours a week mowing hilly areas always with a track-vac, motor finns blown out with air after each use, air filter cleaned monthly, oil changed 2 times a year, all the same as the with the Onan what else can i do?

Comments (5)