SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alaska_snowrider

Help! - Need tractor 3/4 acre - ALL hill

alaska_snowrider
15 years ago

Well, it's been a long winter up here in Alaska, but my lawn is finally starting to turn green and it was time to fire up the old lawn tractor. The old tractor is an OLD murrey that someone gave me and it never did run right, but I was able get the job done at the house. Today, the engine flat out died on me. No compression, and LOTS of black smoke.

I am now in the market for a new tractor, but I am lost as to what to get. The old Murry worked ok at my old residence, but I never had a chance to try it at our new place which is 3/4 acre of lawn ALL hill. I have been reading the forums and know that the JD's are spoken highly of for the most part, and I am remote enough that they are about the only close dealer that actually has service.

My needs are:

- Something that will pull hills without a problem. My lawn is ALL hill and I am a big guy.

- Something with decent traction on a hill. (Someone mentioned washer fluid in the tires??)

- 46" deck would be nice.

- I REALLY need reliable. I am far enough away from things that a trip to town to get parts can take a half a day.

- Price around 2,000 - 2,500 with the bagger. (Doesn't get hot enough up here in the summer to make mulching worth it.) Could go a little higher on the price if there is a good reason to do so. There is a Lowes and Home Depot selling the JD's in the area.

THANKS for your input!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH