SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
battlesprout

Briggs & Stratton 24 Hp V-Twin push rods in engine

BattleSprout
9 years ago

I had the push rods (both aluminum and steel) disconnect and made there way into the engine somewhere. I bought the replacement pushrods installed rechecked the clearance and sealed everything back up. The local repair shop said 'no can do buddy thats a blown engine waiting to happen, give us 500 bucks and the engine we will take off the bottom take out those push rods and give you back your engine."

Now mind you after I did the repair the mower sounds great again (started it up for about 5 minutes), I have not taken it for a ride as yet.

I just wanted to pose the question is it possible those rods will just stay at the bottom of the engine and play dead and not mess anything up at this point? now I would guess they have been out of posistion for about 4-5 months of mowing, due to many sluggish, near stopping, no power mows at the end of last year until now.

I just haven't read anything about push rods getting sucked into the engine, bent, loose, but not lost. any insight would be welcome.

AG

Model 445677-0413-e1

This post was edited by BattleSprout on Tue, May 13, 14 at 21:58

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions