SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

I feel like i'm neglecting this forum

sherryocala
11 years ago

I almost don't know how I got this overwhelmed with the demands of the computer. Some of it is just age, I think. My brain just doesn't seem to be able to keep as many balls in the air. I keep taking photos (by the hundreds) but they don't seem to make it to this forum. I'm finding that taking massive numbers of digital photos is all well and good until you have to sit down and scroll through them, editing as needed. I find myself too exhausted at the end to do anything with them. Part of it is my detail-loving personality which obsesses (I don't view it as obsessive but others might) on each and every one as my hard drive gets fuller and fuller. Also, since February, a friend and I have set up a Facebook page for our local rose society (Marion County Rose Society), and though I'm not complaining, it takes time away from here and from my blog - and my garden, sad to say. Apparently, I prefer to sit on my butt, scrolling rose photos, than actively doing other stuff.

My point is that contrary to my hopes of posting photos here of my garden with everyone else's lovely pics, it's just not going to happen. BUT I did manage to do a blog post last night (first one since April 25th!) with lots and lots of photos, so please go there and pretend that you're still here. Isn't it ironic that you wonderful ARF friends are the audience I value most and most want to share in my garden joy, but I have paid less attention to you than everyone else. So consider this post dedicated to the Antique Roses Forum. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

Comments (43)