SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brian94_gw

Cub Cadet LT1050 Drive Belt Problem

brian94
16 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader with a first post. I received a brand new LT1050 last year (06) for Father's Day. It's a comfortable, strong and easy starting machine. But, with about 5 hours on the hour meter, the machine started making a loud clacking noise. I disengaged the PTO but the noise kept on so I shut the engine down and started to inspect. The only thing that I could come up with is that it might have been coming from the drive belt tension mechanism but I couldnÂt be sure without the engine running. After restarting the machine the problem never came back for the rest of the cutting season. Now, so far this season (April-May, 07), it has happened twice. Both times with the smell of burning belt and with the tension mechanism and belt beating back and forth very fast. ItÂs a random occurrence with no warning signs. All of my grass is on level ground and there were no obstructions of any kind in the grass or on the tractor. I was mulching with the mulch plug, the temps were in the 70s and the mowing speeds were low to moderate with the engine at full throttle. Has anyone else had or heard of a problem like this? The tractor is still under warranty but I thought I'd ask you guys before I take it in. I called Cub Cadet and the automated recording pointed me to a repair shop about 25 minutes away called DON'S AIR COOLED in Willis Michigan. Don seemed to think it was just a worn belt and to bring it in Friday morning. I asked him about the spring and pulley mechanism a couple of times but he just kept referring back to the belt. I also messaged Cub Cadet today through their support page explaining the problem. WeÂll see how that goes. Thanks for reading.

Comments (15)

Sponsored