SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay_nj_gw

Cub Cadet 2145 PTO Belt Shredding

jay_nj
14 years ago

ItÂs been years since my last post. My now 8 year old JD 225 is still tooling along  got almost 300 hours on her now. The information I obtained at this site early on was priceless. Everyone was eager to put their 2 cents in and really help me out in the early days of ownership Got a new project and need some advice.

IÂve been asked to help out a recently divorced gal in the neighborhood with her Cub Cadet. SheÂs not in a position financially to send the tractor to the local dealer for repairs. As fate may have it, word of mouth has brought her to me.

HereÂs the deal -- ItÂs a model 2145 with 350 hours. ItÂs been sitting in a shed untouched where it died 2+ years ago The two front tires are flat, the battery is dead, and the belt that drives the deck (42") is shredded. I can deal with the little junk, but the shredded belt has me concerned. Experience has taught that belts rarely shred for no reason. The machine just isnÂt old enough. Anyone out there know of any inherent defects with this particular model that would cause the belt to let go? I also noticed that the idler pulley on the left side of the deck has cut into the metal belt cover slightly. Perhaps a result of the failure? I havenÂt had a chance to really examine the deck for "other" oddities  plan to pull it off this weekend when I get some time.

Just to play it safe, I plan to replace both the PTO and deck belts. The problem I want to avoid is the belt shredding prematurely once I get things going.

Anyone had any experience with the PTO belt shredding on this particular model?

Thanks, Jay

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions