SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim1961_gw

Rose slug/holes in leaves/ info with pics

I noticed a lot of people writing threads in the past wanting to know what is making holes, shredding entire leaves on there rose bushes.

Well, I just started to notice minor damage to our Precious Platinum this morning.

So, wanting to learn more about insects and all that good stuff, I investigated the situation.

Since today is a Holiday ( Memorial Day) a lot of people are having cook-outs. I even noticed the rose slugs firing up there grills to have some green leaf delight. lol

I'll let them have there fun and last meal today, but, will be hand picking them off the bush tomorrow.

Right now there causing only minor damage, but, as they get larger they will almost totally shred some leaves off the bush here.

Anyhow, I found these things on the underside of the leaves that had holes/damage on them. I watched one crawl through a hole to get to the top-side of the leaf. What a way to spend my holiday morning. lol

They are very small and hard to see at the present time.

Ok, i've included pics to show you there size.

First pic is of critter on the top side of the leaf after crawling through the hole to get there.

Second pic I put the critter on a white envelope right below the lower stem of the leaf.

------------------------------------------------------------

{{gwi:268510}}

{{gwi:268511}}

{{gwi:268512}}

Comments (26)