SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbow_gw

Cub Cadet 1042... problems, problems, problems...

jbow
15 years ago

Hi, I bought this tractor several years ago because I was assured at HD that it would be the last one I would ever need to buy... laff. Live and learn I guess. I had to take it 40 miles to the nearest place that could do warranty repair before it was a year old, the PTO would not engage... well guess what, it wont engage again.

I found last summer that every time I put it in reverse without disengaging the PTO it would blow the fuse by the battery. I learned after going through nearly a box of fuses to disengage... well, today I forgot and this time it did not blow the fuse but the PTO will no longer engage.

I am so sick of this mower, I have had more trouble from it than from any mower I have ever owned. I called the guy at the shop and I will have to lug it back down there next week. I asked if he could bypass all this safety crap that seems to cause problems and he said it was easy tp do but he could not do it by law, nor could he tell me how to do it. Thank you government... if the govt would just do the stuff they should do we would all be so much better off!!!

Sorry for the rant but I HATE this mower, I would never recommend Cub products to anyone.

Can anyone point me to a site that has directions for bypassing this crap so my mower will just cut grass instead of protecting me. I can protect myself, I don't need the government to protect me from my mower... geez...

J

Comments (2)

Sponsored