SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bsmith717

Charlie Brown Pin Oak

Brandon Smith
11 years ago

Some who happened to read an older thread I had up here may know the back story on this beauty, if not here is goes.

It was given to my wife and I as a weeding present Sept 2006 with money tied all in it. From there it sat in its tub for a few months till I planted it that December.

I may/may not have planted it completely incorrectly then, I just didn't know and figured its an Oak, they grow wild around here easy peasy. So it was in the dirt at that house for about 2.5y without me doing more for it than a bit of water from the hose when it was sweltering.

In 2009 we bought a new home and given the sentimental value the tree possessed I dug it up. Again, I really tried to get all the roots but the actual roots from where it was to here consisted of a weird looking tap root and a couple healthy groupings of normal ones. That;s right ~3y at its first home now a move after 2.5. in July during the stupidest heat waver ever!!!!!

At that point I was quite worried about it making it at all!.

Here's the deal, will this poor guy ever be like the other pin oaks I find in my locale or is it relegated to life as a normal Oak?

You can barely make out the mulch.
{{gwi:13500}}

{{gwi:332779}}

{{gwi:332780}}

Comments (12)