SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linlily

Suggestions Instead Of Gloriosa Daisy

linlily
11 years ago

A friend of mine who lives in the same area was telling me that her Gloriosa Daisies that she purchased last summer did not all come back. Out of a half dozen plants, she had only one return. She did not cut the flower heads off and as of right now, there are still a few of the dried, spent flower heads left, but no green growth is showing. She paid quite a lot for these, as they were quite large when she bought them. And now, she's not real happy that they acted more like an annual.

I don't know the specific variety - she doesn't keep tags all the time - but I do know they were gold and had the dark red coloring around the center cone. I told her that These plants are notorious for not being reliable perennials, and that some gardeners treat them as annuals. I also mentioned that sometimes they were reseed themselves, but hers obviously did not.

She wants something definitely perennial in that area. Any suggestions as to something that would look similar? I've been thinking, but have not been able to come up with anything that looks like these plants. Thanks for any help you can give her.

Linda

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert