SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_thefarm

Wretched Excel software won't sort my rose list!! HELP!!!

melissa_thefarm
12 years ago

I am just finishing updating my rose list, which I have in an Excel spreadsheet. I had not updated the list since 2009, and a lot has happened in the rose inventory and so I've had a lot of updating to do, a lot of research, mostly on HelpMeFind and in the Vintage catalog and leafing through my own notebooks of the past few years. In fact I'm setting up a notebook strictly for roses so I can access needed information more easily.

Anyway. My rose list is sorted by class and then by name, and I've been using the Excel sort function (Data, then Sort: I'm guessing at the names as my software is in Italian) and it's been working fine, until two days ago. At this point, where the sort function says Sort by, what follows is not a column name, but the contents of the cells on the first line; and I can't find any name for the column to put in that the software will accept as valid. So sorting has become impossible. Thank goodness that I'm almost finished anyway, at least for this round, but a spreadsheet I can't sort is a crippled spreadsheet, and I certainly would like to know how to fix this problem, admitting it's fixable.

My heartfelt thanks to anyone who can help me.

Melissa

Comments (2)