SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naturesdaughter

Help with hoop house for my raised veggie bed

naturesdaughter
14 years ago

So I had the idea to add a sort of hoop house "lid" to my raised veggie bed. The idea was to create "hinges" on one side so I could simply lift and toss it over while working in the bed then flip it back over and have a virtually year round producing veggies. We have mild weather so I have high hopes that between the hoop house and the black veggie boxes the soil will stay warm. Here's my problem. We constructed the PVC pipe into the hoop house "lid" and attached it. Now I had to tie some left over cloths line between the two middle ribs to keep them from bowing out. Is there another way to stop this? also we did not buy the glue for the PVC pipe. But I'm guessing we will have to now because the structure seems to "pop" apart from time to time. Is there another way to make the structure more sound?

I did not know how to post pictures here so:

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/queenofdabbws/Crafts/?action=view&current=Picture160.jpg

that is a few snap shots I tossed together to give a better idea of what I'm trying to describe.

Comment (1)