SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jba3fan

a question for Lazarfan and/or Mollyd or anyone else

jba3fan
16 years ago

I have been searching for info on the difference of using a 100 gal. propane tank compared to using a 100 lb. propane tank. and when I came across your link I seen that you were using a 20 lb. tank for your Empire vent free heater. How did that work for you last winter? I have been looking at the Mr. Heater like you were talking about Mollyd. Both heaters seem to be pretty much the same.

What kind of experinces has anyone had eithere way?

I am looking at picking up two 100 lb propane tanks from Home Depot....$180.00 and a splitters from a local RV place that I haven't priced yet but figure its going to be at least $60.00 and add another $30 for a longer hose and fittings .. and then to have them both filled before I come home from Home Depot at aprox 50 gal worth at $2.60 a gal... another $130.00 start up fee. The gas company's I talked to said they wouldn't fill up those tanks here at home that I would have to take them to them to have them filled up.

I have an appointment with a guy from Amerigas Monday to check out the area and his Guesstimate is somewhere around $600.00 to have my heater hooked up with a full 125 gal tank of propane....

To me that sounds like a better option to have the rented tank filled up by them then to have me yank out and have my own much smaller tanks refilled down the road.

Here is a link that might be useful: HFGH lessons learned link

Comments (3)