SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnsaunt

Springhouse--success!

Virginia
18 years ago

Whew! It's finally up and yes, there are a few tricks. It turns out that the fiberpoles are a lot more bendable that you'd think. The nice landscaper that was replacing my dead cherry laurel helped me today. In order to get the X-shaped fiberpole connected together, he wound up bowing it quite a bit and then was able to fit the ends together. Also, as was suggesed by someone on my "5 minutes, my eye" posting, having the plastic sit in the sun to soften helped. But don't try to assemble it when the sun is directly on it or you'll have a heat stroke! Even with both doors open it was like an oven.

The last hint is not to have it tied down until after you get the fiberpoles installed.

The landscaper was so impressed with the design that he's going to order one for himself. It's perfect for wintering over plants that can take some cold, but are too big to bring in, and also as a coldframe for getting a headstart in the spring.

My price from www.bettymills.com was just under $160 ($158.88, I think) with free shipping. It arrived in two days and I am--finally!--pleased with my purchase.

Ginny

Comment (1)

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

Congradulations. I hope it serves you well. Let us know how it works out. We could use feed back on these types of greenhouses.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio