SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dredpir8

Too many mower choices- Pls help

dredpir8
15 years ago

Hi to all,

I've gotten great information before over in the appliances forum so, since it's spring, I thought I'd move outside.

I recently (almost 2 years ago) moved into a wonderful place out in the country and have no idea what I'm doing. I've got 5 acres total with somewhat over 1 acre in the front yard to mow (fenced in pasture area) and about 1/3 to 1/2 acre to mow in the back with lots of trees. I'm going to need to aerate, fertilize, seed, level, vacuum/sweep (lots of trees equals tons of leaves), steam-clean and iron.

When we first moved in, I bought a shiny toy to mow with: a Husqvarna YTH2246 and am now questioning that decision. I'm thinking of selling it to my dad (and his small yard) and buying something better.

So finally to the question: What should I get? I can't really afford a 'tractor' for $10k and don't think I really need a front-loader, although that sounds cool. My goal is to mow the big field fast (takes about 90+ minutes now), be able to do all the tending (seeding, mulching and whatnot) myself, suck up all the leaves and, ideally, drag some heavy things occasionally.

Any and all help would be gladly welcomed.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions