SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
x300owner

Loading Garden/lawn tractor tires for weight

leafeanator
14 years ago

Saw many threads about this subject but devised mo own easy method. Have a Deere X300 with 20X10 rear tires. Bought 10 gaqllons of windshield washer fluid. The fluid is good to -20 protection here in Ohio, in the south you can't find antifreeze style so be carefull. Bought one of those water hose adapters at TSC, but had an easier/cheaper way come to me.

Jack up each wheel so it is off the ground. Position the air valve at 12 o-clock, remove valve in valve stem. I had an old pump up garden sprayer. Cut the sprayer end off and the hose slides over the valve stem and just holding it a little it does not leak. Put WW fluid in sprayer and pump it into the tire. Stop once in a while - release pressure in the TANK first then pull the hose off the valve stem to let out pressure. As the tire fills you need to do it more often as there is less air space as fluid fills. Fill to 12 0-clock valve position, replace valve and you are done. Took just under 5 gallons on the 20X10 tires each. Total time was 45 minutes for both tires including cleanup.

I'll try to attach a picture.

Did you know blue WW fluid on Deere yellow wheels turns green:)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions