SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Ariens @ HD -) $999

andrelaplume2
14 years ago

I know its not a $3K JD. I know many here snub anything less than $2k but I am an average homeowner who does not have that kind of money. I have a little over a half acre of fairly flat terrain. I know many will say buy something used and I figure that can work well for someone who can do maintenance...about all I am good for is changing oil, plugs filters and blades though. I have an 11 year old TORO 32XL...its a small but apparently qualty built WheelHorse. Still I have learned that things wear out and I can not always fix them and repairs can be pricey. the toro has served me well and may well go on serving me well. However, in the last 2 years its had some problems that were beyond my abilities to fix,, namely needing new belts and pulleys and now perhaps a brake problem. To this point I figured it was worth the $$$$ to keep the thing going and I may well invest a bit more...the dude at the toro delaer actually told me mine was one of the last quality toros built...the new ones are essentially Red Craftsmans...in fact he suggested I get a Craftsman and save $$$$ over the toro...he was pi$$ed with what toro did with there line.

I have no axe to gring with Craftsman...in fact I thought there part of a breed that covers eseentially all brands!

Anyway, if I need to get something new I am thinking a gear drive is less prone to problems than a Hydro...no? The Ariens gear drive goes on sale for $999 at HD.....I think its a 42" deck and 17.5HP. (my toro is a puppy at only 32" and 12HP) In this league, how does the Areins compare to the Cub Cadet and gear drive JD also sold at HD?

Does anyone even make a 32" tractor anymore?

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions