SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chevyman10

Need Some Carb Help

chevyman10
15 years ago

I acquired another '69 Caprice to go with the one that I bought 4 years ago. I rescued it out of this guy's barn a little over 2 years ago and haven't done anything with it until last week. So it has sat quite a while. Last week I put some fresh gas in it (tank was dry), check the oil, and tried to start it. It fired on the first try and died. On the third try, it fired and ran for a good 10 seconds and died. That is the longest I have been able to keep it running. Today I took the float bowl off to clean it out. It was full of trash. After I cleaned it out and put it back together, I installed a new fuel line and filter. None of these things have helped matters any. The longest that it ran today was about 2-3 seconds. Some times it doesn't even fire. I pulled the spark plug, and it was damp so I know it is getting fuel. Maybe the carb. internals a plugged because I did not clean the float bowl before trying to start it last week? If anyone has any ideas that could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I know very little about engine/carb. maintenance. Tomorrow afternoon I am going to pick up another spark plug and see if that might help some. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions