SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stigaparkpro204wd

Briggs and Stratton that is hunting and surging

StigaParkPro204wd
10 years ago

I have this 20hp Briggs and Stratton that is hunting and surging. Sometimes it stops and not able to start. Black smoke and black dry spark plugs. Getting worse the hotter the engine gets, and worse with heavy load. I did suspect to rich fuel mixture, and I cleaned the carburettor , adjusted the valves, new spark plugs again, and it was running fine for aprox. 0,5-1hr, then back to this rich mixture symptoms. Its now so bad that I can�t use the rider for anything . The symptoms came gradually. The choke is ok (fully open), the symptoms are the same if I remove the air filter, not possible to adjust mixture on this carburetor ( only idle ). Used a lot of sparkplugs, because the mixture is killing them. So please help me. Its a twin engine with 2 coils, so I do not believe both coils could be bad at the same time ?? Both coils give sparks, but I�m not impressed ( compared tho a car engine :)) The flywheel is rusty, the magnet on the flywheel was rusty. It�s a Stiga Park Pro 20 4wd from 2007 with a horizontal Vanguard B&S V twin. 358777-0112-E1 . Do not know the name/nr on the carburettor, but its a "twin in one" ( 102 jet for one side, 104 for the other cylinder.) the other jets are 48 for both cylinders. The engine have aprox. 350hr

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions