SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gregs43

Toro Wheel Horse 310-8 Abrupt Stop

GregS43
12 years ago

I have a Toro Wheel Horse 310-8 and love it, but sadly I had a problem with it today after mowing for about 30 minutes. It has a Kohler Magnum 10 motor, model number M10S. After mowing I disengaged the mower, lifted up the deck and put in 3rd gear then headed across the yard. Well suddenly it came to an abrupt stop, but the motor was still running. I slid the throttle all the way down and looked to see if I hit something as I was looking the motor died. I tried to start it and it wouldn't so I gave it full choke and it started. Then I quickly cut the choke off and tried to go again, made a weird screechy noise but wouldn't go. Then it died. I checked clutch because it's rigged with a bungy cord to pull it back to release, that didn't seem to be the problem. I checked to see if it would roll in neutral, it would. I got back on it and tried to start it, it wouldn't start and made a high pitched screechy sound as it tried. What could be the problem. I hope and pray it isn't too serious, I love this tractor!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County