SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clavero_gw

GH Paint color, sheen and metal trim selection ?

clavero
18 years ago

I have finally finished the framing for our new GH and have applied two coats oil based primer - your basic stark flat white.

The final color scheme calls for the stuccoed block knee wall to be painted your classic deep emerald green and the upper wood framing to be a "bone white" (and slightly tan off-white color....door will be a brick red/purple.) The frame paint color will be high quality oil based with a medium gloss.

OK here are the questions.

Sundance materials suggest that using "flat" paint on sides that "face" the twin wall will "reduce noise" when panels expand. (Sounds odd to me!) What is this business about "flat paint" on the edges facing the twin wall? I mean, do those of you who have wood frame GH and twin wall coverings have GHs that moan or sing in the heat and cold?

I'd certaily prefer to complete the painting of the framework with the same final color; not use more coats of the flat primer for those surfaces. Ideas? Thoughts?

Also, Sundance sells extruded aluminum cap material to join twin wall edges AND corner angle (for the roof ends and wall corners in both "stark white" and "bronze".

I'm not at a decision point about which color works best from the appearance point of view but does anyone have thoughts about whether the darker color "bronze" trim is going to cause problems with "excessive" heat absorbption?

As always, thanks for your help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012