SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishman35

Another zero turn question, but from owners of these products

fishman35
14 years ago

I am definitely buying a ZT mower because I have an acre that takes almost 2 hours to mow and I need to save time. I have been researching them for about 6 months and am looking for real world advice from Toro, John Deere, Cub Cadet, Ariens, Swisher, or Troy Built zero turn owners. (I know some customer reviews are padded).

I do not buy a toothbrush without researching, and I have searched all forums, including this one. Not to sound like a jerk, but I am not interested in commercial grade mowers. I have looked at Hustler, Bad Boy, Skag, etc and they seem to all use the same engines, (Kohler, Kawasaki, and B&S). The only real difference that I see is stamped deck VS welded, and the transmissions on some of them. To me that does not justify $1000-3000 more. I also need 42-48" because of the surface I will be mowing.

I have an acre and just need a residential ZT mower. I have read all the reviews, but I want to hear from folks who have, or currently own the Toro Timmecutter Z series, John Deere EZTrack, Cub Cadet RTZ series, Troy Bilt, Swisher, or Ariens and use in real world situations, good and bad. I have test driven the Toro 42" with the Kawasaki engine and liked it. They had a John Deere, but the HD folks lost the key. I am wanting some real world advice and most all that I have seen on this site when I search is people pushing commercial mowers.

Thanks for any owner advice.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions