SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sundazes

JD or Walmart

sundazes
16 years ago

I went to my local dealer yesterday and got quite an education on JD business practices. I have been dealing with this independent mom and pop shop for years. They have been in my area for about 30 years. At least 2 of the folks there have been working there for 20 plus years. By no means are they JD's largest volume dealer, but always consistent. I haven't been there since fall to pick up some parts. Well I noticed that the name had changed. I asked if the owner finally retired. The answer I got shocked the hell out of me. It turns out that they were forced to sell out to this chain by JD. JD basically came in and told them that if they did not accept the buy out, the shop could no longer be a JD dealer. It turns out that JD is forcing a ton of little mom and pop shops to do this. They want larger volume dealers and don't want to sell to the little guys anymore. As I was hearing this from 2 of the employees, I was thinking this sounds like Walmart style business practices.

Before the flaming begins, I understand business and can see why JD has made this business decision, after all, they have to report to the stockholders. It is the WAY they are going about doing this that made up my mind to never purchase a JD product again. I will not buy from Walmart due to their practices and now I can JD to the list. This is just an FYI to loyal green put there.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions