SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rbm33_gw

Craftsman Mower Sparks when blade is engaged

rbm33
14 years ago

I have a craftsman DLT 2000 mower with a different engine in it, it is a B&S ELS 26hp model 446777 type 0127 E1. When i got the mower it had a bad oil leak in it, so i pulled the motor and replaced the pan gasket, and a few other gaskets that were accessible and easy to get to. Before i pulled the motor everything worked fine, just smoked like crazy.

After i re-installed the motor, and hooked up the deck, the motor runs ok, but when i engage the mower blades, the mower starts to shake, and i get sparks shooting out of it, i see the sparks coming from around the shaft area, i haven't gotten under it to see for sure, but thats the general area.

I was sure i got everything lined up right and tightened correctly, but not sure. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

I should also mention that the first time i tried to engage the blades it took a bit (30 seconds) for it to engage fully, the second time, i never let it get fully engaged because i noticed the sparks.

Any help would be great. I also have to replace the head gaskets now since i've noticed they leak as well, any suggestions or tips on that would be nice as well.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions