SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ricksample

John Deere Or Cub Cadet

12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be purchasing a new tractor this Saturday, but I'm sort of confused on the brand. Right now I have an OLD Craftsman that I purchased used 4 years ago. I mow aprox 1.5 acres. I have not only mowed my lawn with that, every weekend I would haul tons of dirt, gravel, etc... it has stood the test of time. It still does... I plan to keep this for my heavy duty hauling. But I prefer something with a larger deck to get the job done quicker. I have two options: (I need to purchase at home depot since I have 10% off)

Cub Cadet LTX 1050

24 HP Twin Kohler Courage Hydrostatic

50" cut

12" turning radius

John Deere D140

22 HP V-twin

48" cut

18" turning radius

Just comparing all 3 items above, my gut tell me to go with the Cub Cadet.

The main reason why I like the Cub Cadet is for the looks. I know this should be my last concern, but I spend a lot of time outside. After all you wouldn't purchase a car unless you like the look would you? The 12" turning radius is also a huge plus. Right now I have an 18", and have to keep backing up. However, I have heard a lot of bad complaints about Cub Cadet mostly on there lower end 19HP models.

On the other hand, the John Deere is well a John Deere. Top of the line, great brand. Not to many complaints.

Comments (8)