SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brit5467

Help - planted Anise Hyssop in wrong spot I think

brit5467
13 years ago

Planted 'Golden Jubilee' late last year when it was almost dead (bought on sale) so it was small. From pic on the stake, it looked like it would grow in a low mass. So I had this 'brilliant' idea that it would cover up all my daffodil leaves as they died. So I squeezed it in between all the bulbs.

But it's already getting pretty big and the daffy leaves are nowhere near ready to die. The blooms JUST died off.

So here's what I've ended up with (more written below pic):

Front view:

{{gwi:214077}}

Back view:

{{gwi:214079}}

It's growing ok, although the bottom leaves look pale and starved for sun & I think it should be fuller. But it's so hidden. I just don't like the way it looks. I've done no pruning or pinching back yet.

My dilemma is - I have no problem digging stuff up and moving it but...I know I'll disturb all the bulbs around it.

Will that hurt the bulbs? If so, is it worth it to do that or should I just let it be, let the daffy foliage die off and then just give it a good pruning?

Is pruning it even recommended?

Sorry for the tons of questions. Guess I just want some opinions about its location (good or bad?) and any info you have about it since it's new to me. I don't even know what it's supposed to look like when it matures.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths