SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windcatcher_gw

A question of hydraulic minds.....

13 years ago

First of all, Happy New Year to all! I hope the Winter Solstice holidays were good for everyone.

Ok, on to the task at hand:

I have a Cub Cadet model 1200 with a Kohler K301AQS engine. Tractor is a 3 speed forward + 1 speed reverse manual/straight drive transmission.

I want to add hydraulics to this tank. I'm looking at an add on hydraulic pump, 2 spool Cessna valve, reservoir tank, lines, and hydraulic cylinders for lifting and dumping tasks. Parts will probably be purchased from Surplus Center unless someone has better suggestions. I've had great luck with Surplus Center myself, so......

If someone had photos of a similar setup, I'd love to see them. I do have some hydraulic experience - but mostly on automobile brakes, and I also split the hydraulics on my Farmall Cub. So, I'm not afraid to experiment and get my hands dirty.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

As reward, I promise to post pictures, (Yes pictures) of the project and the finished design.

Oh, BTW. I did contact kwikway, inc yesterday. Unfortunately, their estimate of pricing was way out of my price range, and they also said they are thinking seriously about stopping the custom made FEL business for economic reasons. Boo-hoo-hoo on that part!

Hydraulic pump will be run off the front of the Kohler engine via the electric PTO. No, I will not be using this garden tractor for mowing. I have a Simplicity Landlord to handle that chore.

Are you guys up for this one? I see it as being a fun, educational project with great lifting promises. Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't help myself.

Cheers!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor