SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dhmeiser

Another Harbor Freight Greenhouse quesion(s)

dhmeiser
17 years ago

Hi All,

I have been reading all the threads about the HFGH (10 X 12) and am really leaning toward purchasing one when I see a sale or get the discount coupon.

We are thinking about attaching one of the gable ends to a shed like structure, that way we could keep the glazed are strictly for growing plants and use the attaché shed area for storage, a potting bench and possibly any mechanicals.

A couple of questions as we are still in the planning stage,

Permitting. Did anyone have any trouble with permitting; our local township is known to be rather "harsh" in enforcing permitting and getting approval. I may have to submit "plans" for necessary approval. Anyone else have to deal with this?

Physical attachment to another structure. Has anyone else tried to attach this to a shed or a house? Any suggestions or tips? I have read quite a few posts about modifications needed for stabilizing the frame and base, plan to beef up the structure with additional bracing and supports.

Beefing up the foundation. I have seen the mods people have done with adding timbers and or 4x4 posts to the base. My concern, even with pressure treated wood; the base will rot over time, (eventually)

Also for the people who have had this greenhouse up for a while how has it stood the test of time?

Thanks to all in advance who answer my questions.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor