SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rj_hythloday

BT a few ? about bug juice

15 years ago

I've got my own AVCT/CT brewing in the garage right now. Started it Thursday and applied a few gallons mixed about 1:5 w/ rain water last night to the raised beds I just built, lawn, and CP's . I added some rain water back to keep it going.

When I say all others, I'm referring to all that I've come across in my readings

Tell me if I'm correct here:

The differences I'm noticing are that all the tea recipes I've found before bug juice brew in the shade, bug juice in the sun.

All others use molasses to feed the microbes, adding a bit every day. The rest are done w/ in 36 hours and you have to keep adding molasses to feed the microbes if kept longer. Does the fruit feed it longer w/ out addition? I'm guessing that over ripe would be best?

All others use finished, cured compost. I understand that cooking and cured have different populations of thermophilic bacteria etc. Bug juice say's to use ''good fresh compost'', is that finished but not cured? Still cooking, and taken from the core?

My biggest question is about the storage. Every thing else I've read says to use it immediately, microbes will start to die off after aeration ends. You mentioned that you store yours and use it at 50:1 when it gets older. Are you shaking it daily? What do you use to store it in?

The tea that's brewing has :

6 gal garbage can

5 gal rain water

3 handfuls vermicompost - removed worms I could see

6 handfuls sifted finished compost

2 TB mightymyco innoculant

1/4 C richearth - ancient shale compost w/ 72 minerals, hummic/fulvic acids

1 tsp kelp powder

I've added almost a full jar of unsulphured molasses to this point

I added more rain water and it's still brewing. I'm thinking about adding some more of the above plus some corn starch and the yeast concoction to apply next weekend. I don't have any over ripe fruits. I could come up w/ some though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bug Juice

Comments (7)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012