SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meadow_nwohio

heating my greenhouse

meadow_nwohio
18 years ago

I have a greenhouse that I plan on heating the end of March so that I can purchase a few plugs to resell. The plugs I am purchasing are sweet caroline bronze and sweet carolina red ipomea vine, wire vine, Martha Washington geraniums, mini roses, helichryse silver, and solaire yellow bidens. Now this is the first time I have gotten any plants this early so I have never had to heat my greenhouse before. the greenhouse is about 10 by 10.

Questions: what tempurature at night do you think I should maintain for these plants? Would it be better if certain ones of these plants would be better off if I kept them in my house, I am getting one tray of each, ten total. would it be better if I made a greenhouse in my greenhouse and used a electric ceramic heater? The greenhouse that I am using is old and certainly not air tight.

Also fertilizing my new plants, since it is only 10 trays can I still use the 5 gallon bucket and mix it up and water individually. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do

I have owned my small retail center for about 5 years and this is the first time I decided to go out on a limb and try this plug thing.

any other info that you feel might be helpful to my cause would be appreciated.

Meadow zone 5

Comments (2)