SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Tall Evergreen Shrub For Fenceline Privacy?

jaxo
10 years ago

I am in an area in California that is technically Zone 9 by zip code, but it is not unusual for a few winter nights to get colder than the 20 degree limit of Zone 9, so it is almost like a Zone 8 area with rainy winters and very hot and dry summers. Snow is extremely rare.
I have a planting area that is only about 3 feet deep than I would like to plant something that will provide privacy from a neighbor's house.
I had Thuja emerald greens planted, but now I don't want to wait 5 or 10 years for them to get large enough to do the job.
So, I plan to relocate these small Thujas to a different part of the patio and get something larger and/or much more fast growing that can be planted close enough together to provide s screen.
I need something like a fast growing shrub that will fit in this area and also grow tall enough the screen the view from the windows shown in the photo.
I need evergreen because I need the privacy screening to remain year round. It would be best if the shrub grew mostly upwards and didn't need a lot of maintenance and pruning to keep the width in check.
The area is sunny except for the shadow of the fence. However, I had just planted two small decidiuos trees on the extreme left and the right of the patio off camera that will provide shade when they grow larger in 5 or more years.

Comments (17)