SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
posiedreamer

Design Suggestions Needed

posiedreamer
16 years ago

Welcome to Spring Everyone ~

Now the warm weather is here I've been out in the yard contemplating what to do this year and would like everyone's help with a garden makeover.

For the past few years I have been gardening by color and would like to change SOME of it. Annuals are ok but I prefer perennials.

I love my red garden and would like to keep that but need ideas how to tie in the other three sides of my small front yard garden area.

The red garden is in the center of the yard along a north fence - a blue spruce tree is the only thing seperating the connecting pink garden that runs south along another fence.

Directly across from the pink garden with only a small walkway seperating it is a blue (purple) garden.

Then the south garden that runs east/west is planted on a horrible hill with an ugly old redbud tree (my hubby won't let me remove) on the east end of it. On the west end I have tried for several years to establish a white garden but it's really hot day-long sun and I haven't had much success, but, I'm willing to keep working on that.

In between the red bud tree and the white garden is where I anchor a large angel that I received last year as a gift. I'm thinking about putting some type of ferns at her feet and perhaps some type of lillies.

At the base of the hill on the east end is a very small pre-formed pond/angel garden. I usually try to stay with very light pinks, usually annuals, in that area.

My question is what can I do with the pink and blue gardens to get them to harmonize with each other and get along well with the red garden?

What else would be good to put near the angel on the hill which gets about 8 hours of sun in summer? What color(s) should I use in the area around the angel?

I planted wine cups (love them) on the slope coming down from the red bud tree but would like something else to help fill in the bare spots?

Can't wait to hear all of your great ideas!

Happy Spring ~

Comment (1)