SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

starting a web journal

User
11 years ago

I have not even begun and I am struggling already.....with the term 'blog'. Don't like it. And as for using it as a verb - blogging - well that just is not going to happen. Oddly though, I usually enjoy slang, dialect, made-up words - language is dynamic, flexible and joyously uncontrolled so I have never been pedantic about using text speak for example. Ought to qualify that immediately since I do not enthuse over obvious misspellings such as Kwik, Brite and similar. Not fond of 'R either (Toys 'R Us).
But (try to stay on track, suzy), I need to get on with starting a (gasp) blog and am asking for advice from those of you who have already crossed the Rubicon. Sherry, Hoovb, Aimee, Prof R? Your writings are the ones I know. Anyone else?
Sherry, you especially come to mind because I have followed your gardening career from its tentative beginning with your roses and a handful of perennials (and ornamental mustard) up until now. Talk about blossoming out. An historic Ocala rose garden indeed!

For many years, I have earned a bit of cash by working as an artist's model. The student's early drawings were hesitant, a bit sketchy, vague. A few weeks into the course, their lines were clearer, confidence was creeping in. By the end of term, their drawing skills were transformed. I used to nag them to always keep their early efforts so they could see for themselves, just how far they had travelled. Keeping a journal of our woodland adventure will, I hope, have much the same effect. When I feel a bit glum, I can look back to the early days and feel a lot more self-congratulatory.
Eldest son has offered to help set up such a thing but I guess I really want to hear from other people already doing it for themselves (sisters are).....

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH