SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jin2008

Urgent! Please help. Circulation stopped

jin2008
15 years ago

Hi,

I really don't know what to do now, the circulation of my koi pond stopped and I have trouble having it go back on.

This happened a few days earlier. One day, the circulation stopped, unlike in the summer when the tempature gets so high and my water level went down below the pipeline, this time, there was still quite a bit of water in the pond. So, I filled the skimmer and turned the pump back on, the circulation returned and everything seemed fine. But the only problem is that the circulation then stopped from time to time from then on ( sometimes, it will just go back on itself without us doing anything, so wield! ). Sometimes, when we got lucky, the water can go for like a day, somtimes, only 10-20 min, and then we need to shut the pump and turned it back on again. I filled the pond now with a lot of water, so it should not be a problem with the water level. Recently, the situation gets worse and worse, the circulation will only last for a few min.. I don't know what to do about this and I don't really know what the problem is here. Is the pump broken? Is the pipe leaking or is the pipe just got clogged?

Please, does anyone have this problem before? What should I do? My kois are getting unhappier everyday, and I am so desperately right now.

Many thanks for any help

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living