SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

I have questions about my current pond!

stinky-gardener
15 years ago

Hi! I'm not sure how to proceed with the new pond construction at this point! SO, for now, I'm wondering, how can I upgrade my current pond just a bit, so it's more user-friendy?

This morning I went out & changed the filter box that was floating on the top & picked away the pine needles on top of the net. I cleaned up leaves & needles from around the pond. I also washed the dirty filters with a hose. I could see leaves & debris at the bottom of the pond, but didn't delve into getting them out as it was rather brisk, & I didn't want to get into removing the net completely.

Just a while ago, looked out the window to see one of the two filter boxes floating on top of the pond again! It's really windy today, & pine needles & leaves are everywhere! You wouldn't know to look at it that I'd done a thing this a.m.!

My main concern: What can I use to suck up debris other than these square filters? They really are the pits imo! It seems that a skimmer box would require digging & for this old pond I don't think I want to do that. Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks!

Comments (12)