SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynne4655

Damaged Pond Liner

lynne4655
16 years ago

Hi, I have just dug out a 16,000 gallon pond around which I have placed huge rocks - weighing at least 0.5 ton. These required a 35 ton crane to place them. Unfortunately, one of the rocks fell into the pond. We have now drained the pond and got the rock out but unfortunately we have 4 small rips, 1 larger rip and due to the weather were not able to fully empty the pond to see if there were any final rips at the bottom. On Friday, Sat and Sun we had gales and clouds burst which have filled the pond up under the liner. I need help - my pump will not pump all the water out as most is under the liner. I can't get under the liner because of the huge rocks. Should I get a syphon and try and pump the water out from underneath or should I just wait until the Spring and hope the water will go away. The pond is at the bottome of my garden and so without the water in the liner the hole under is always likely to fill up. Suggestions please - my liner cost £2300 and so far I have spent about £5000. Desparate in Devon!

Comment (1)